TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using the Websites, you represent that you are at least 18 years old, or you are at least the minimum legal age to enter into a contract in the jurisdiction in which you are viewing the Websites. The Websites and the information contained in reference herein are for your personal, non-commercial use only. As long as you comply with these Terms, SALEWA grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited privilege to enter and use the Websites.
1. Content. All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively the “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Websites is owned, controlled or licensed by or to SALEWA, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent, and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, no part of the Websites and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without SALEWA’s express prior written consent. You may use information on SALEWA products and services (such as data sheets, product images, technical specifications, articles, and similar materials) from the Websites, provided that you (1) do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notice from any of the materials, (2) use such information only for your personal informational use and do not sell or modify the Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, (3) do not use the Content in a manner that implies an association with SALEWA, or any of our products, services or brands, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such materials.
2. Third-Party Website Links. The Websites may contain links to other third-party websites (“Linked Websites”). Any such Linked Websites are provided solely for your reference and as a convenience to you. SALEWA does not endorse or make any representation or warranty regarding the content or accuracy of such Linked Websites. Such Linked Websites are not under SALEWA’s control, and SALEWA is not responsible for and makes no endorsement or representation about the information or materials contained on such Linked Websites. If you access any Linked Websites, you do so at your own risk. SALEWA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF YOUR DEALINGS WITH ANY THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, ANY MERCHANT OR OPERATOR OF THIRD-PARTY OR LINKED WEBSITES, OR ANY OTHER PERSON WITH WHOM YOU ENGAGE IN ANY TRANSACTION.
3. Limited License to Access Websites. As long as you comply with these Terms, SALEWA grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of the Websites. SALEWA also grants you a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a link to the Websites’ home pages provided that the link does not portray SALEWA, or its products or services, in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any SALEWA logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission. Without the express prior written consent of SALEWA, this limited license does NOT allow you: (1) to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, visit, or in any way otherwise use or exploit for any commercial purpose all or any part of the Websites or its Content; (2) to collect and/or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices; (3) any derivative use of the Websites or their Content; (4) to download or copy information, including but not limited to account information, for the benefit of yourself or any third party; (5) to download or modify all or any part of the Websites; (6) any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools; (7) to use any meta tags or any other hidden data utilizing SALEWA's name or trademarks; (8) to frame or capture any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (e.g., text, photographs, images, page layout, etc.) on the Websites, and/or (9) any other inappropriate or improper use of the Websites. Any unauthorized use by you of any of these Terms shall automatically terminate the limited license granted by SALEWA to you to use the Websites.
4. Your Account and Obligations. If you use the Websites, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information (including but not limited to your password and credit card information) and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password and you agree to notify SALEWA immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You understand and agree that you may be held liable for losses incurred by SALEWA and/or any other user of or visitor to the Websites due to someone else using your SALEWA username, password or account if you fail to keep your account information secure and confidential.
You may not use any other person’s SALEWA username, password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that SALEWA username, password or account. If you are under 18, you may use SALEWA’s Websites only with involvement and approval of a parent or guardian. SALEWA will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person's username, password or other account information, or another person's name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You also agree to notify SALEWA at [email protected] immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to any SALEWA Websites. SALEWA may suspend or terminate your account and your use of any Websites if you fail to comply with these Terms, and SALEWA reserves the right to refuse service, terminate any account, remove or edit Content, and/or cancel orders in SALEWA’s sole discretion.
Your use of the Websites is conditioned upon your agreement to comply with all applicable laws in connection with your use of the Websites, these Terms, and such further limitations as may be set forth in any written or on-screen notice from SALEWA. In addition, you agree that all information that you provide to SALEWA in connection with any purchase, transaction or other interaction with SALEWA on the Websites will be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges and any applicable taxes incurred by yourself and/or any other users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with any purchase or transaction with SALEWA at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred.
By using the Websites, you agree not to violate, attempt to violate or assist others in violating or attempting to violate the security of the Websites, including, without limitation, doing or attempting any of the following: (1) probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of the Websites, their servers, systems or networks, (2) breaching authentication/security measures, (3) logging into a server or account or accessing data that you are not authorized to access, (4) interfering in any way with the Websites’ services to any user, host, or network, by any means including, viruses, spam, overloading, etc., and/or (5) sending unsolicited email, and/or forging headers in any email or posting.
You agree that SALEWA may, in its sole discretion and without prior notice, terminate your access to the Websites and/or block your future access to the Websites, for any reason, including but not limited to: (1) if we determine that you have violated these Terms or other agreements or guidelines associated with your use of the Websites, (2) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (3) a request by you, (4) discontinuance or material modification of the Websites or any service offered on or through the Websites, or (5) technical issues or problems. You agree that SALEWA will not be liable to you or to any third party for termination of your access to the Websites. You also agree that any violation by you of these Terms will constitute at minimum an unlawful and unfair business practice, and will cause irreparable harm to SALEWA, for which monetary damages may be inadequate, and you consent to SALEWA obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that SALEWA deems necessary or appropriate in such circumstances. If SALEWA initiates any legal action against you as a result of your violation of these Terms, you agree that SALEWA will be entitled to recover from you, and you agree to pay, all SALEWA’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of such action, in addition to any other relief granted to SALEWA. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies SALEWA may have at law or in equity.
5. Electronic Communications. When you visit SALEWA Websites or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Websites. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
7. Copyright. All Content included on the Websites, such as text, images, graphics, logos, icons, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, and the compilation of all Content on this Websites is the exclusive property of SALEWA, its licensors, or its suppliers and protected by the United States Copyright Act and international copyright laws. Nothing stated or implied on the Websites gives you any license or legal right under any copyright of SALEWA or any third party. Federal and state laws, prohibit you from duplicating, copying, reproducing, broadcasting, modifying, editing, distributing, displaying, publishing, performing, circulating, or transmitting any Content or part of the Websites for any purpose.
8. Trademarks. All trademarks, logos and service marks (the "Marks") displayed on the Websites are owned by SALEWA and/or third parties. You are prohibited from using any of the Marks without the express, prior, written permission of SALEWA or such third party. If you would like information about obtaining SALEWA's permission to use the Content on your website, e-mail info@SALEWA.us. Some of the U.S. registered trademarks owned by SALEWA include: SALEWA®. All other Marks on our Websites and other SALEWA graphics, logos, page headers, icons, scripts, and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade dress of SALEWA in the U.S. and/or other countries, are owned exclusively by SALEWA. SALEWA's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not SALEWA's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits SALEWA. All other trademarks not owned by SALEWA that appear on the Websites are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by SALEWA. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on the Websites confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of SALEWA or any third party.
9. Materials You Post on the Websites. You may post reviews, comments, photos, and other materials, send emails and other electronic communications, and submit suggestions, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the materials are not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, and/or objectionable in SALEWA’s sole discretion, and so long as the materials don’t invade anyone’s privacy, otherwise injure anyone, or infringe on intellectual property rights. In addition, the materials you post may not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of spam. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any materials. If you do post or submit material, you grant SALEWA a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such materials throughout the world in any media. You grant SALEWA and its sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such materials, if they choose. You represent and warrant (1) that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the materials that you post; (2) that the materials are accurate; (3) that use of the materials you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and (4) that you will indemnify SALEWA for all claims resulting from materials you supply. SALEWA reserves the right, but not the obligation, to monitor and edit or remove any activity or materials in its sole discretion. SALEWA explicitly disclaims, takes no responsibility for, and assumes no liability for any materials posted by you or any third party.
10. Copyright Complaints. SALEWA respects the intellectual property of others. It is SALEWA's policy, as appropriate and in its sole discretion, to terminate the accounts of users who infringe upon the copyrights of third parties. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at:
Attn: DMCA Copyright Complaints
3600 Pearl Street, Unit 2
Boulder, CO 80301
and include the following information in writing, which is required pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"):
(1) A detailed description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
(2) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Websites reasonably sufficient to allow SALEWA to locate the material.
(3) Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
(4) A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(5) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf
(6) Your physical or electronic signature, if you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf, or the physical or electronic signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed upon.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512 for more information regarding the DMCA and DMCA notifications.
11. Risk of Loss. All items that you order and purchase from SALEWA through the Websites are transported and delivered by an independent carrier, unaffiliated with SALEWA. Title to the items you have purchased, as well as risk of the items loss, passes to you once SALEWA delivers the items to the carrier.
12. Product Descriptions & Availability. While SALEWA tries to accurately describe its products and their availability, SALEWA does not represent or warrant that its product descriptions, availability, and/or any other Content are free of error, complete, up to date, or reliable. Please note that colors of SALEWA products may appear differently on your computer monitor than they are in reality. Most SALEWA products are available to view at SALEWA retailers throughout the world. If a product offered by SALEWA itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
13. Assumption of Risk. SALEWA makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Content or about the results to be obtained from using the Websites and the Content. Any and all use of the Websites and the Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the Websites and may be made at any time by SALEWA in its sole discretion. Some Content on the Websites may be provided by third parties and SALEWA explicitly disclaims all responsibility for any such Content provided by third parties.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: WEBSITES. Your use of the SALEWA Websites is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with any of the Content or other contents of the SALEWA Websites or with these Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the SALEWA Websites. THE WEBSITES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, AND SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED BY SALEWA ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. SALEWA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITES OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED SALEWA REPRESENTATIVE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, SALEWA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALTHOUGH SALEWA TAKES COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT ITS CUSTOMERS PERSONAL INFORMATION, SALEWA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (1) THE WEBSITES, (2) INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, (3) THE WEBSITES’ SERVERS, OR (4) E-MAIL ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. EXCLUDING SALEWA’S INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, SALEWA EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING SIGNED BY AN AUTHORIZED SALEWA REPRESENTATIVE. All or part of this provision may be unenforceable or inapplicable within the State of New Jersey.
15. LIMITED WARRANTY: PRODUCTS. SALEWA products are warranted to the original retail purchaser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of purchase. Warranties for non-SALEWA products, that is products sold by SALEWA but manufactured by other manufacturers (by way of example, products manufactured by Dynafit, Pomoca, or Wild Country), may be different. Check the materials that come with the non-SALEWA products and that manufacturer’s website for information about their warranties. If you purchase a SALEWA product from any SALEWA Websites that you believe is defective, return the product to us pursuant to the SALEWA Return Policy. Please include your receipt and proof of purchase showing the purchase date. SALEWA will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. If SALEWA determines that there is no warranty issue with the returned product, the product will be returned to you with a note of explanation. SALEWA’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXPLICITLY LIMITED SOLELY TO SUCH REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. UPON EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD, SALEWA SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE. THE FOLLOWING ARE EXPLICITLY EXCLUDED AND NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY: (1) DAMAGES DUE TO NORMAL USE AND WEAR; (2) DAMAGES DUE TO ABUSE OR ACCIDENTS; (3) SALEWA PRODUCTS THAT HAVE BEEN RESOLED OR IN ANY WAY MODIFIED; AND (4) THE FIT OF ANY SALEWA PRODUCT. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, and except as otherwise specified above, SALEWA MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE DESIGN, CONDITION OR QUALITY OF MATERIALS AND WORKMANSHIP TO THE PURCHASER OF THE GOODS AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHATSOEVER. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE FOREGOING SENTENCE IS INTENDED TO RELEASE THE SELLER FROM LIABILITY FOR ORDINARY DAMAGES FOR PROVEN PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS. We specify that a warranty period does not restart if a repair/replacement service has taken place.
If a product is fixed at any time during the original 2 year warranty period, the effective warranty coverage date remains the same: 2 years from the date of purchase.
Please note that certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If you are a resident of such a state and these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights.
16. Reserved Rights. SALEWA reserves the right to do any of the following, for any reason, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Websites, or any portion of the Websites; (2) to modify or change the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, and any applicable policies or terms; (3) to interrupt the operation of the Websites, or any portion of the Websites, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes; and (4) discontinue or restrict your use of the Websites.
17. WARNING: SKIING, CLIMBING, MOUNTAINEERING, TRAIL RUNNING, HIKING, WALKING, AND RELATED ACTIVITIES, ARE POTENTIALLY LIFE THREATENING, HAZARDOUS, AND DANGEROUS. By purchasing or using any SALEWA equipment in any manner, you agree that you are: (1) personally and solely responsible for: (a) learning and knowing the limits and capabilities of the equipment and yourself, (b) the proper use of and techniques for such equipment, (c) making responsible, sound decisions in changing situations, and (2) assuming all risks and accepting full and complete responsibility for any and all damages and injury of any kind to yourself or others, including death, paralysis, and serious injury, which may result from or is related to your use of any equipment manufactured by or purchased through SALEWA, its partners, Websites, or retailers. In addition, YOU AGREE TO ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ACCEPT FULL AND COMPLETE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND INJURY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DEATH, PARALYSIS, AND SERIOUS INJURY, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM OR IS RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON ANY MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PRODUCED BY SALEWA, ITS PARTNERS, AND/OR THAT IS CONTAINED IN ANY SALEWA WEBSITES, CATALOGS, PUBLICATIONS, OR OTHER SALEWA MATERIALS. Resources like the SALEWA Websites and publications can provide useful information and tips, but they are no substitute for good decision-making, safe and appropriate use of equipment, or professional instruction for the numerous hazardous situations in which you may choose to use SALEWA products.
18. Disclosure of Your Information. You agree that SALEWA reserves the right at all times and without further notice to disclose any of your information that SALEWA deems necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, administrative or legal process or governmental request. SALEWA also may disclose your information when SALEWA determines that applicable law requires or permits such disclosure, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection purposes. You agree that SALEWA may disclose any information we have about you (including your identity) if SALEWA determines that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding your use of the Websites, or to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with, either intentionally or unintentionally, the Websites, SALEWA’s rights or property, or the rights or property of the Websites’ users, including SALEWA’s customers. You acknowledge and agree that SALEWA may preserve any transmittal or communication by you, including emails, through the Websites or any service offered on or through the Websites, and may also disclose such data if required to do so by law or SALEWA determines that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) comply with legal process, (2) enforce these Terms, (3) respond to claims that any such data violates the rights of others, and/or (4) protect the rights, property or personal safety of SALEWA, its employees, users of or visitors to the Websites, and the public.
19. Indemnity. YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SALEWA, ITS SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, AND ITS AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CO-BRANDERS OR OTHER PARTNERS, HARMLESS FROM ANY DEMANDS, DAMAGES, LOSS, LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND JUDGMENTS OF ANY KIND OR NATURE), MADE AGAINST OR INCURRED BY SALEWA BY YOU, ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF, AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATED TO, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR IMPROPER USE OF THE WEBSITES, YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THESE TERMS, AND/OR ANY OTHER VIOLATION BY YOU THAT CREATES LIABILITY FOR SALEWA. All or part of this provision may be unenforceable or inapplicable within the State of New Jersey.
20. Applicable Law; Dispute Resolution; Arbitration; Class Action Waiver; Miscellaneous Provisions. By visiting or using any SALEWA Websites, you agree that:
(1) All matters relating to these Terms, and/or your access to or use of the Websites, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the United States and by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
(2) In the event of any controversy or dispute between SALEWA and you arising out of or in connection with these Terms and/or your use of the Websites, SALEWA and you shall attempt, promptly and in good faith, to resolve any such dispute. If we are unable to resolve any such dispute within thirty (30) days, then either party may request that such controversy or dispute be mediated. The mediation may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. If conducted in person, the mediation shall take place in Boulder, Colorado. If the dispute is not resolved through mediation within a reasonable time (not to exceed sixty (60) days from the mediation request), then the parties shall be free to pursue any right or remedy available to them under applicable law through binding arbitration as described below.
(3) BINDING ARBITRATION: In the event of any dispute arising under or relating to these Terms your access to or use of the Websites (including products or services sold or distributed by SALEWA through SALEWA Websites), such dispute will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. NEITHER YOU NOR WE SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE ANY CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE THE CLAIM DECIDED BY A JUDGE OR JURY. DISCOVERY RIGHTS, SUCH AS EACH PARTY'S RIGHT TO THE EXCHANGE OF PREHEARING INFORMATION OR PREHEARING TAKING OF SWORN TESTIMONY,MAY ALSO BE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. All disputes will be resolved before a neutral arbitrator, whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules, both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. If conducted in person, the arbitration shall take place in Boulder, Colorado. The parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms.
(4) CLASS ACTION WAIVER: Any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the disputebetween us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (b) there shall be no right or authority for any dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (c) there shall be no right or authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVEPROCEEDING.
(5) You hereby irrevocably waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, (a) any objection that you may now or hereafter have to such jurisdiction and venue and (b) any claim that any such arbitration proceeding has been brought in an inconvenient forum. Note that the preceding provision regarding venue may not apply if you are a consumer based in the European Union, however, in all cases, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply in any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms;
(6) Any and all claims arising out of or related to these Terms must be brought by you within one (1) year after the cause of action arises, or such claim or cause of action is forever and irrevocably barred. Claims made under the separate terms and conditions of purchase for goods and services are not subject to this limitation.
(7) No recovery may be sought or received by you against SALEWA for damages other than your out-of-pocket expenses, excluding attorney fees.
(8) A printed version of these Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in any mediation or arbitration proceeding based upon or relating to these Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. All headings in these Terms are for convenience or reference only and shall be ignored in construing these Terms.
(9) SALEWA’s failure to enforce all or any part of these Terms or respond to a breach thereof by you or any other party shall not in any way be construed as a waiver or a relinquishment of any right granted SALEWA hereunder of the future performance of all or any part of these Terms, and your obligations set forth in these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
(10) If any provision in these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalid or unenforceable provision will be modified to the minimum extent necessary and deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
(11) These Terms contain the entire and final agreement regarding SALEWA Websites and their Content, and supersede any prior or contemporaneous communications between you and SALEWA regarding the Websites.
(12) Any offer for any feature, product or service made on the Websites is void where prohibited. If you choose to access the Websites from outside the U.S., you are solely responsible for complying with applicable U.S. and local laws. Although the Websites may be accessible worldwide, not all products or features provided or offered through the Websites are available in all geographic locations, or available (legally or otherwise) for use outside of the U.S. SALEWA reserves the right to limit, in its sole discretion, the provision and quantity of any product or feature shown on the Websites to any person or geographic area.
(13) All rights not explicitly granted in these Terms are hereby reserved by SALEWA.
(14) By continuing to use the SALEWA Websites, you hereby agree and intend to be bound by these Termss.
SALEWA (“SALEWA”) understands the difficulties that individuals with disabilities face and has supported and employed individuals with disabilities for many years. SALEWA is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities can access the material resources, information, communications, and services available through our website, www.salewa.com, and our blogs (the “Website”). SALEWA firmly believes that the Internet should be available and accessible by all and is committed to providing a Website that meets the needs of individuals with disabilities.
To fulfill this goal, SALEWA adheres to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG) at the AA level. These guidelines describe how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with these guidelines helps us ensure that our Website is accessible to all persons with disabilities.
To make our Website more easily accessible for disabled individuals, SALEWA provides an accessibility tool that allows disabled users to access the Website in accessible formats and in compliance with WCAG. This tool is an application that runs in the background and continuously optimizes the accessibility level of the Website. This application adapts the functionality and behavior of the Website for screen-readers used by blind users and keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments. It also addresses potential HTML issues and allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the Website’s user interface (UI) and adapt it to their personal needs. More details about how the accessibility tool works are described below in “Accessibility Tool Information”.
This tool may be accessed by clicking on a blue icon of a stick figure on the Website. If you experience any difficulty using this tool or accessing any part of the Website or any of our materials, or if you have any suggestions or feedback to share about the accessibility of the Website, please contact us immediately.
In order to respond quickly and to address your concerns, please provide as much detail as possible about the accessibility issue you are experiencing, including: (a) the nature of the issue encountered, (b) the specific URL (web address) of the page or pages in question, (c) the information you seek, (d) your email address for a response, and (e) any other information that will help us to understand and address the issue.
Our Customer Service team is available Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. MST at 1-303-444-0446 or by email at [email protected]salewa.com. We will work with you to ensure that you have full access to the information that you are interested in and can purchase our products, if desired.
Accessibility Tool Information
The accessibility tool allow disabled users to access the Website in accessible formats and in compliance with WCAG, including the following:
A. Screen-Reader and Keyboard Navigation. Our Website uses ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications), alongside various different behavioral changes, to ensure blind users with screen-readers are able to read and comprehend the Website’s functions. When a user with a screen-reader enters our Website, they receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can navigate our Website.
1. Screen-Reader Optimization: We provide screen-readers with accessible data using the ARIA set of attributes, including accurate form labels, descriptions for actionable icons (e.g., social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.), validation guidance for form inputs, element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and other content. The accessibility tool scans the Website’s images and provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an alternate text (ALT) tag for images that are not described. It also extracts texts that are embedded within the image, using OCR (optical character recognition) technology. Our Screen-Reader Optimization adjustments are compatible with all popular screen readers, including JAWS and NVDA, and provides ongoing adjustments, even when we are updating the Website.
To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also receive automatic announcements to turn the screen-reader mode on when they enter the Website.
Keyboard users can access quick-navigation and content-skip menus available at any time by clicking Alt+1 while navigating with the keyboard, and can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
B. Disability Profiles. Our Website supports the following specific disability profiles:
1. Epilepsy Safe Profile. This profile minimizes the risk of seizures for individuals with epilepsy that result from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
2. Visually Impaired Profile.This profile adjusts the Website to make it accessible to the majority of individuals who have visual impairments, including degrading eyesight, tunnel vision, cataracts, and glaucoma.
3. Cognitive Disability Profile. This profile provides various assistive features to help users with cognitive disabilities like autism, dyslexia, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements more easily.
4. ADHD Friendly Profile. This profile reduces distractions and noise to help individuals with ADHD and neurodevelopmental disorders browse, read, and focus on essential elements of the Website more easily.
5. Blind Users Profile (Screen-readers).This profile adjusts the Website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack that are installed on the user’s computer.
6. Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired). This profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
C. Additional User Interface, Design, and Readability Adjustments.
1. Font Adjustments. Users can increase and decrease font size, change its type, adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
2. Color Adjustments.Users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds, with over seven different coloring options.
3. Animations. Users with epilepsy can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
4. Content Highlighting. Users can choose to emphasize important elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
5. Audio Muting. This option, which is particularly helpful for people susceptible to migraines or who use hearing devices, lets users mute the entire website instantly.
6. Cognitive Disorders. The accessibility tool utilizes a search engine linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
7. Additional Functions. The accessibility tool also provides users the option to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
D. Browser and Assistive Technology Compatibility. SALEWA strives to support a wide array of browsers and assistive technologies so that our disabled users can choose the browsers and technologies that best suit their needs. The accessibility tool that we use has been designed to be compatible with all major browsers and systems, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and for MAC users.
E. Problems or Comments? Please Contact Us
Although SALEWA strives to maintain and improve the accessibility of its Website, despite our best efforts to operate our Website so that it is accessible to people with disabilities, at times there may be pages or sections of the Website that are not fully accessible or for which there is no adequate technical solution to make them accessible. If you experience any difficulty using this accessibility tool or accessing any part of our Website or any of our materials, or if you have any suggestions or feedback to share about the accessibility of the Website, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
SALEWA ADA COMPLIANCE PLAN
SALEWA (“SALEWA”) understands the difficulties that individuals with disabilities face and has supported and employed individuals with disabilities for many years. SALEWA is committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities can access the material resources, information, communications, and services available through our website, www.salewa.com, and our blogs (the “Website”).To accomplish these goals, SALEWA has adopted this ADA Compliance Plan (the “Plan”).
Adopting an Accessibility Standard: WCAG 2.1 Level AA. The Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) is the law that applies to website accessibility. As of October 2021, neither Congress nor the Department of Justice (the “DOJ”) have formally adopted a uniform position identifying what accessibility standards a website must meet to be deemed to be in compliance with the ADA. For almost a decade, however, the DOJ has frequently stated and recognized the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”) 2.0, Level AA, as the “industry guidelines for making web content accessible” under the ADA and an “industry standard”. In addition, many courts have agreed that WCAG 2.0, Level AA requirements are the “gold standard” for ADA website compliance. More recently, in 2018, the World Wide Web Consortium issued an updated version, WCAG 2.1, which incorporates all of version 2.0 as well as 17 new criteria, and SALEWA has adopted WCAG 2.1, Level AA as the standard for its Website.
ADA Compliance. To make our Website more easily accessible for disabled individuals, SALEWA provides an accessibility tool that allows disabled users to access the Website in accessible formats and in compliance with WCAG. This tool runs in the background and continually optimizes the Website’s accessibility with WCAG. The tool allows disabled individuals to select filters based on their particular disability so that the user’s Website interaction meets WCAG standards. This tool may be accessed by clicking on a blue icon of a stick figure on the Website. In addition, SALEWA periodically reviews and tests the Website to ensure that the information and materials posted on the Website substantially conform to WCAG standards. SALEWA will take the steps described in this Plan to ensure that the Website is and remains ADA compliant by substantially conforming to those standards.
1. Maintaining and Updating the Website
SALEWA will provide an accessibility tool on its Website that allows disabled users to access the Website in accessible formats and in compliance with WCAG. We understand that despite our best efforts to allow disabled individuals to adjust the Website to meet their disabilities, there may be times where certain pages or sections of the Website are not fully in compliance with WCAG. SALEWA will use commercially reasonable efforts to continue to improve its Website’s accessibility through periodic updates and new technologies.
2. Periodic WCAG Accessibility Tests
In addition to the accessibility tool that maintains the Website’s compliance with WCAG standards and the accessibility reports that the accessibility tool may generate, approximately twice each year, SALEWA will conduct a screening test of the Website using a third-party website screening and testing tool to confirm the Website’s compliance with WCAG. SALEWA will review the test results to determine if it discloses any significant accessibility issues or errors that do not substantially conform to WCAG.
3. Correcting WCAG Issues
If the screening test discloses accessibility issues or errors that are not in substantial conformance with WCAG, SALEWA will identify the issues that require repair and, subject to the requirements of the ADA, correct the issues necessary to maintain and continue the Website’s conformance with WCAG. SALEWA will use its best efforts to return the Website to substantial WCAG conformance as soon as possible. SALEWA acknowledges that screening tests of the Website may incorrectly designate some accessibility issues as errors, (“false positives”), as uncorrectable, and/or as outside of WCAG conformance. In such cases, SALEWA will provide an explanation of why the issue designated is incorrectly flagged or uncorrectable and those explanations will be kept as part of the Website’s screening test records as described below.
4. Non-conforming Third-Party Materials
Some third-party vendors or providers, for example, Google, Instagram, Facebook, etc., may provide materials or services to the Website that are not in conformance with WCAG, but that the Website links to or uses. In addition, users of the Website may generate content that is posted on the Website that is not in conformance with WCAG. SALEWA cannot control third-party conduct, and the Plan does not require SALEWA to take any steps to bring into WCAG or ADA conformance, any third-party materials or content, including but not limited to, user generated content, content and/or other websites linked from the Website, content hosted by third parties and implemented on the Website, advertisements, video and video narratives, and other content provided by third-parties.
5. Other Steps to Improve Accessibility for the Disabled
In addition to adopting this Plan and periodically testing the Website to confirm that it remains in substantial conformance with WCAG, SALEWA has posted an Accessibility Statement on its Website that provides disabled users who are experiencing difficulty with accessing any part of the Website with a phone number and email so that they can contact SALEWA to quickly access the Website content that they desire.
6. Record Keeping
SALEWA will keep records of the screening tests conducted, test results, actions taken, false positive, uncorrectable explanations, and costs incurred in administering the Plan and keeping the Website in substantial conformance with the ADA and WCAG.
 Please note that the abbreviation “WCAG”, as used in this Plan, refers to the Accessibility Standards described in WCAG 2.0, Level AA, at minimum, and may include standards that exceed WCAG 2.1, Level AA (for example, by meeting standards that are identified later versions or amendments), but does not refer to accessibility standards below or not in conformance with WCAG 2.0, Level AA. Nothing in this Plan is intended to, nor shall, require SALEWA to take any action that is not required pursuant to the requirements of Title III of the ADA or to undertake efforts where the cost, difficulty, and/or impact of would constitute an “undue burden” as defined in Title III of the ADA.